Tuesday 8 October 2013

A Month of Without - - Facebook - Week One

Sooo... How have I managed during this first week? Let's sum it up:


1. Overall it has been no problem-o, it hasn't even really been that hard. As soon I removed the apps and icons from my phone/pages, it turns out I forget that it's even there.

2. Internet time has become a bit boring. I check a forum I'm a member of, read the blogs I follow and read the news. That's it. This usually takes about 30-40 minutes out of my day. So instead I've starting to constantly refresh these pages instead of Facebook. My conscience says it's better to spend time on different people's thoughts and keeping up with what's happening in the world.

3. I did slip up once. The PING on my phone let me know I'd been invited to an event. So after talking to my friend I was hanging out with at the time, I thought it was okay to check what it was. It was not important, so I felt a bit disappointed.

4. So, have I started doing other, more creative or useful things, instead of spending time on Facebook? Yes. And no.
I've started cleaning my apartment more. I get so frustrated and bored, that I eventually have to do SOMETHING to keep myself occupied. Useful, yay!
I've started watching a lot of more TV-series. These three currently reside in my everyday life:





Again, it's debatable if this is a change for the better.



But overall I feel rather content. My slip up wasn't that bad, we're all human after all.

1 comment:

  1. Hey lovely, just came across your blog and it's great!

    Now following you and looking forward to your next post - Good for you on giving up Facebook for a while... i definitely don't think i could do that! haha :)

    Please check out my blog if you can:

    http://electricsunrise.blogspot.co.uk/

    Thank you! :) xoxox

    ReplyDelete